Not Accepting New Clients
Following your treatment, do not touch or scratch the area treated. Bacteria can be transferred easily to treated area and this can cause breakouts.
- Its best not to wear make-up over the treated area for 24 hours.
- Avoid perfume of alcohol-based products. They will dry out your skin. If needed wipe you may use witch hazel to cleanse the area.
- Apply Bacitracin, A&D ointment or other antibacterial ointment to the area the night after your treatment. This will help your skin heal even faster. Apply with a Q-tip or clean hands.
- Avoid excessive sweating. Sweat can cause bacteria to enter into the open follicles and cause minor infection.
- Avoid outdoor activities and sun bathing for the next 24 hours.
- After you have begun Electrolysis treatments it is best not to pluck, tweeze, or wax the area being treated. These methods of temporary hair removal will undo the work that had been done and may stimulate more hair growth. Cutting or trimming is the preferred method between treatments.
- It is also important to exfoliate the area between treatments. Exfoliating the area once or twice a week will allow the new, weaker hair, to penetrate the skin more easily and reduce ingrown hairs.